Data Governance Officer
|Job Title:||Data Governance Officer|
|Salary:||£60k - 70k per year|
|Start Date:||2018-06-04 00:00:00|
|Reference:||Data Governance MMC|
|Contact Name:||Martin McClenaghan|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2018 15:37|
Data Governance Officer - Big Data Provider - Permanent £70 - Epsom
My client is a leader in the Big Data world looking to add to their Data Governance team due to exponentially increasing data volumes and coming regulatory change.
1) Are you looking to join a creative organisation working with passion in the latest Technologies?
2) Are you looking to really take the lead in shaping the data governance strategy for your employer?
3) Are you looking for a role where your mission critical work is really rewarded?
If so please read below!
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK.
This position comprises operational, consulting, and architectural tasks with the company's data security, risk management, and overall governance.
The right candidate will:
- Provide overall governance and compliance of the firm's information security policy, standards, and procedures.
- Develop and implement information security policies and standards, ensuring that they are compliant with all applicable legal or regulatory legislation
- Work with our OPS team, advising and consulting them on security related operational tasks.
- Consult our developers on decisions concerning architecture and infosec during the setting up of new environments and services.
- Keep track of our infrastructure, networks, application tiers etc.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate relevant developments in the infosec and security area
- Be involved in the definition of new processes, services and products, as well as in change, incident, and problem management
- Be forthcoming and proactive in suggesting new ideas and identifying areas for improvement or enhancement
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of information assets and approaches related to Data Protection / Privacy / GDPR regulations.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
- Experience working with cloud technology
- Interest in IoT
The salary for this role can range up to £70k for the right candidate. For a confidential discussion of this and other opportunities please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01277 635819 for a confidential discussion.