|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Salary:||£55k - 85k per year|
|Start Date:||Immediate Start|
|Contact Name:||Martin McClenaghan|
|Job Published:||December 27, 2017 11:52|
Data Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - Up to £85k Depending upon experience
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Engineer to join one of the largest and most respected names in the Big Data Industry, willing to invest in you, your future development and success. This is a permanent role based in Surrey.
The ideal candidate will need experience in the following but will have the opportunity to creatively work with some ground breaking technology.
- Scala or Java or Kotlin Development Experience
- Spark / Spark Stream
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Apache Giraph
- Experience with large data volumes
- Shell Scripting experience
- Fair implementation knowledge Spark MLLIB
- Apache NiFi
Key Tasks and Deliverables of the Data Engineer:
- Developing Hadoop applications that exploit a unique collection of telematics dataBuilding well-formed APIs and services to allow members of the wider ecosystem to easily integrate with our applications
- Taking advantage of techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming and continuous delivery
- Working with other Data Scientists and Project Managers to ensure software is high quality and meets user requirements
- Mathematical or computer science background with at least 2 years Hadoop experience.
Salary will range from £55-£85k per annum for the right candidate depending upon experience and interview performance.
If you are considering new opportunities please do contact Martin McClenaghan on 01277 635819 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.