Chief Engineer CoW
|Job Title:||Chief Engineer CoW|
|Contact Name:||Joseph McNulty|
|Job Published:||February 28, 2022 13:49|
Tangent International have requirements country wide for Chief Engineer Fibre Cablers.
- To provide support to the Fibre technical delivery manager
- To provide desktop solutions for both Ethernet and FTTP works and in general on the new one Fibre network.
- As the Fibre technical expert ensure the network is built to best quality/cost.
- Support Contracted Suppliers working on the one Fibre network to ensure the network has been built in line with the policy.
- Track & report delivery progress effectively
- Drive action based activity at pace in order to deliver excellent customer service
- To work as part of a small team to provide accurate data for field teams and daily reporting
There are three main components to the role.
The first is to undertake good to go surveys and effective reporting to confirm that the work is fluid before it is allocated to the field teams. They do this by using a combination of local knowledge of the network and detailed surveys where they go and lift lids to look for congestion or blockages and review any traffic management requirements or confirm that dependant work has been completed by suppliers. This also include undertaking any initial site visits and talking to various stakeholders across LoB confirming that the work has been completed to a quality standard.
The second component of this role is to support field engineering teams when they encounter on the day issues. This will include providing assistance with fluidity issues and owning end to end FTTP delivery into planning to drive FTTP to market.
The third component is to undertake the audits on the PON’s to ensure the quality standard is met and that the PON can be commissioned ready for service.
The CoW is expected to be M23 One Fibre network quality accredited, to facilitate this learning support is provided to enable the role holder to complete the workshop and gain M23 accreditation
- Takes technical lead, using expertise to ensure most effective solution is applied. Takes responsibility of the full job end to end resolving non-standard issues.
- Able to use experienced planning skills to provide desktop solutions and report out to field teams
- To communicate any problem e.g. operational, safety, security etc. and to provide constructive suggestions for resolution and/or improvement.
- Resolve queries from other contractors to enable them to complete tasks and meet targets
- Analyse OTDR test results in order to identify precise location of issues and best solution.
- Act as an ambassador of the customer and ensure that all responses reflect the professionalism of the role.
- Responsible for entering accurate and quality notes on the systems that are relevant to the role.
- Will update and work on systems as required EWOCS, Flow LLUMS, Piper, Phoenix, Cosmoss, Css, SharePoint, etc.
- Complete A55’s with information returned from the field and submit to civils team to action
- Deliver a network that is reliable and cost effective through the introduction of fibre network components that are both easy to use and cost effective
- Work with customer engineering and Contractors to increase understanding of all new products and embed a new way of working to deliver service on demand to the customer.
- Execute allocated work to maximise speed and quality of completion
- Update Manager on works progress and were jobs are in jeopardy of not completing in agreed timescale or to the correct standard proactively resolve and notify the Manager
- Interface with internal departments (Planning, Routing, F&T, etc) to ensure that service provided is efficient.
- To provide feedback to your manager on all issues affecting performance, safety, security and regulatory concerns for customer or its end customers.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of Customer Services through the identification, championing and implementation of new ideas and better ways of working.
- Complete all mandatory and regulatory compliance training within required timescales.
- Ensure that customer Code of conduct is fully adhered to at all times.
Core skills, attributes and experience
- Deep understanding of everything fibre, FTTP, FTTC FTTN, and Ethernet solutions
- Skilled in higher level of work, full scope end to end fibre job.
- Understands and/or involved in wider issues and processes impacting on business area
- Good aptitude for learning and acquiring of new skills
- Can deal with standard/non-standard problems
- Can interpret and satisfy customer requests
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clear and accurate information to internal and external customers
- Highly customer focussed Interpersonal / Customer Skills and committed to teamwork
- CSCS Health & Safety
- Time Management and Problem Solving
- Must be able to climb as well as work in confined spaces