The Business Development Mangers primary objective is to drive long term value for both my client’s business and that of our customer’s, by establishing long-term relationships built on a foundation of trust and consistent delivery.
- The Business Development Manager will deliver significant, profitable new business revenue growth with a focus on specific sectors.
- Identify a qualified target account list and develop a strategic account plan together with the Commercial Director for each prospect.
- Identify targeted communication and networking channels to generate new quantifiable opportunities leading to successful closed opportunities.
- Work independently, or with the appropriate teams within the business to manage all qualified opportunities through to completion.
- Build robust, long-term, sustainable client relationships with new customers, while leading through major bid campaigns.
- Participate in sales marketing campaigns and events to raise my client’s profile in the market to establish the business as a strategic long-term partner for our customers.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process of personal new business wins by liaising with appropriate internal resources such as Marketing, Pre-Sales, Design and Implementation and Support, as a means of generating increased revenue.
- Effective management of your pipeline to ensure the CRM system is up to date and is a true and accurate reflection of the current deals.
- Demonstrate a high level of domain knowledge and awareness with an in-depth understanding of the specific sector(s), including the key industry issues and trends, key competitors where appropriate, customer insights and business drivers.
- Provide weekly updates and reports including forecasted margin, lifetime value which includes potential future upsell opportunities.
- Support your colleagues and management with the delivery of the overall sales and account management plan.
- The Business Development Manager will work closely with our marketing, lead-generation, technical presales, account management team members to ensure all sales activities are supported.
Your Background & Skills:
- B2B sales experience at either a IT managed service provider, or within the financial services, property, retail or health care sectors.
- Proven experience in personally closing new business from initial enquiry and selling complex solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver against margin targets.
- Demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets and driving significant year-on-year revenue growth.
- Previous experience in an inside sales/telesales role is desirable, but not essential.
- Articulate and can present complex ideas, succulently and clearly to customers.
- Numerate and comfortable with discussing pricing and financial data with customers.
- Demonstrable experience with working independently and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and adjust accordingly your communication/presentation style to reflect the requirements of the recipient.
- Have a client-centric attitude, where the customer comes first.
- Bright, charismatic, positive, proactive and committed, with a strong work ethic and high levels of energy and honesty.
- Have strong commercial contract experience and first-class negotiation skills
- An ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter.