|Type: Contract||Start Date:|
|Posted: 5 days ago||Contact: Joseph McNulty|
Tangent International are currently looking for multiple BTS Engineers for long term assignments starting ASAP. Full details are below. Due to visa sponsorship limitations candidates are required to have full rights to work in country (either US citizenship or green card holder).
The primary responsibilities of this position are performing physical and mechanical activities, telecommunication infrastructure audits, installation of hardware/software systems; as well as, cabinet maintenance and upgrades.
• Ability to follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
• Installation, commissioning, operations, integration and maintenance of cabinets.
• Create and maintain project databases as needed.
• Provide comprehensive and accurate reporting of all project activities.
• Ensure all closeout data has been compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Installs, maintains and repairs radio access nodes, core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks.
• Interacts with other technicians and customer’s technical staff.
• Trouble shoots RBS issues, board issues (CBU/DUL, OBIF, RAX and TX).
• UMTS installation, integration & troubleshooting.
• Microwave installation, commissioning and alignment.
• LTE installation, integration & troubleshooting.
• Understands and implements RAN, RF and Transmission designs.
• GSM installation and integration of GSM cabinets & trouble shooting.
• Simple knowledge of cell sites.
• Basic knowledge of Antennae & RF configuration at cell sites.
• Grounding and various types of electrical voltages and safe connection methods.
• Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
• Knowledge of fiber tags, wax string, CX, RBS, WCDMA.
• H&S Implementation.
• Ability to safely use hand and small power tools.
• Capacity to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• A willingness to travel and/or work outdoors in all weather conditions when required.
The above reflects leadership’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Valid Driver’s License
• High School graduate or higher education
• Two or more years of experience in a network rollout discipline
• Two or more years of experience in wireless industry
• First Aid Training/CPR preferred
• OSHA 10 Certification preferred
• Certifications UMTS, LTE, WCDMA, GSM or similar.
• LTE RBS certified
• Electrical training with some telecommunications experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook).
• Ability to read and interpret technical construction drawings.
• Decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Cell site installation experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of microwave and fiber transmission concepts.
• LTE and CDMA experience.
• Flexibility in working hours and travel. Ability to travel overnight.
• A demonstrated understanding of multiple client network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure.
• Experience integrating and troubleshoot cabinets and rack mounted equipment.
• Working knowledge of Ericsson Microsoft Office Suite.
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to respond as needed to after-business hours issues.