The Ecommerce Data Analyst partners closely with technologists, strategists, and client engagement leads to develop business intelligence reporting that tracks the health of our clients’ ecommerce businesses. These reports sit atop an integrated data infrastructure that provide the team with visibility to a variety of cross-functional metrics, and enable the Senior Ecommerce Data Analyst to dive deep into understanding ecommerce business dynamics. The Senior Ecommerce Data Analyst is the primary driver of insights and recommendations, and plays a vital role in helping clients evolve and optimize their digital shelf, marketing, merchandising, and operations.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in data analytics, Tableau development, SQL, and ecommerce strategy/operations/or marketing.
- Owns development, maintenance, and delivery of business intelligence reporting
- Leads analysis and generates reports that track the performance of campaigns and product launches, as well as conducing competitive analysis and research on best practices and market trends within digital analytics
- Creates strategic analytics deliverables/components as part of a contribution to a holistic strategy and contributes to client presentations
- Defines, builds, and delivers standard and ad hoc ecommerce reports
- Works with Strategists to cull out insights from data and research to create integrated strategy deliverables
- Harmonizes disparate data sources and resolve data issues.
- Uncovers digital insights and provide thought leadership in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Has the ability to synthesize insights and provide recommendations for clients based on their business objectives
- Attends and participates in client presentations
- Leads measurement strategy while working directly with internal and external teams.
- Practices real time performance management
- Act as day-to-day analytics lead on assigned accounts
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business, Economics, Social Sciences or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing and building reporting interfaces and dashboards in Tableau or other business intelligence solutions
- Proficiency in SQL, with the ability to write basic queries, joins, and conditional statements to produce data from data warehouse for reporting
- Excellence in building data visualizations that align with reporting and business requirements
- Experience writing business/technical requirements
- Understanding of ecommerce analytics tools (i.e., Amazon Retail Analytics, Clavis, Profitero, etc.)
- Ability to work directly with clients to lead measurement and analysis strategy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data; ability to assess large data files and discover interior “data stories” worth exploring; willingness and understanding of when to conduct a “deep dive” to uncover factors contributing to data trends.
- Experience working with and harmonizing data across disparate and large data sets
- Exceptional time management skills
- High intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Strong quantitative capabilities and research skills
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Passion for the digital space
- Understanding of e-commerce basic principles
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with advanced skills in Excel