Azure Cloud Migration, Test and Optimisation Engineer
We are currently seeking a Cloud Migration, Test and Optimisation Engineer with a strong focus on MS Azure. This will be for a 14 week contract paying £425 a day.
The selected candidate will be involved in migrating, testing and optimising applications, databases and infrastructure pre and post migration from an On Premises Data Centre to an Azure Cloud Solution.
You will be part of a new test team and therefore you will help to stand up a test environment.
Core responsibilities/list of duties:
- Work with the DevOps team and 3rd Party Vendors to ensure migrated applications are System Tested, User Acceptance Tested and Optimised
- To identify test objectives, plan and document test strategies and to identify resources required for testing
- To engage and coordinate UAT stakeholders to ensure test schedule and quality of results.
- To identify, communicate and respond to product and test activity risks
- To analyse requirements for testing in order to establish and prioritise test conditions, select suitable test cases and test techniques.
- To ensure readiness for testing of applications (including discovery information and pre migration optimisation activity is completed)
- To design, build and execute test scripts that can verify the application satisfies both functional and non-functional requirements.
- To design, build and execute load test scripts that ensure the application responds within agreed parameters
- To report test results
- To carry out continuous improvement of testing software solutions
- To carry out continuous optimisation of the Azure environment
Experience and Skills requirements:
- 4 or more years of experience migrating, testing and optimising with Azure
- 5 plus years of Experience with Windows Server management (2003, 2008, 2012 r2, 2016)
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure, and Orchestration
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in Windows/Linux environments
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Application Insights, Microsoft Operations
- Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates
- Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred
- Understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering required
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, and load balancing
- General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework and/or .Net Core
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications and protocols
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send an updated CV to be considered!