Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor, £38-£40,000, Braintree, Essex
|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor, £38-£40,000, Braintree, Essex|
|Salary:||£38k - 40k per year|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible (notice period accepted)|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Ryan|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2018 09:03|
Quantity Surveyor, Braintree, £38-£40,000
My client, a bespoke company in Telecommunications Engineering, are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor to complete the contractual & commercial governance of complex structural engineering tenders and projects.
The Quantity Surveyor will be based mainly in Braintree (possibility of remote working) and will have proven track record of strong negotiation skills.
- Negotiation of contract terms/conditions
- Submission and agreement of interim valuations and final accounts
- Managing entitlement to loss and expense including compilation, submission and negotiation of claims
- Procurement of subcontractors including negotiating contract sum and terms & conditions
- Monthly contract reviews, audits and raising early warnings of contract risks
- Train junior project managers in commercial best practice
- Contribute to internal process creation and improvement
- Managing contract disputes
- Managing subcontract accounts including interim valuations, claims and final accounts
- Tender preparation including production of engineering cost plans and estimates
- Value engineering input during project design stages
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven quantity surveying experience and cost management of complex engineering or construction projects
- Knowledge of commonly used construction contracts and contract law
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
- Experience in one or more of the following key sectors would be an advantage; telecoms infrastructure, structural steel, facilities management.
- A self-motivated individual and ideally a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional status.
Nice To Have Qualifications and/or Experience
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying, or civil/structural engineering
- Experience of mitigation and adjudication processes
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), although not essential
To apply for this position or if you have any questions; get in touch with me directly on;
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's