5G Product Manager
|Job Title:||5G Product Manager|
|Start Date:||2019-05-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lee Baigent|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2019 17:38|
Role: Mobility Product Lifecycle Manager
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Sr. Director, Product Lifecycle Management
The Mobility PLM position is a hybrid Product Owner/Product Manager role. Product Owner requirements include domain expertise in Enhanced Packet Core (EPC) and understanding of the end-to-end 4G/5G mobility architectures. They will work closely with Systems Architects, Engineering, and other Product Owners to define mobility solutions, develop acceptance criteria and validate that the final solution(s) meets the stated requirements. In this role, the Mobility PLM will be relied upon as the EPC and 4G/5G mobility Subject Matter Expert, supporting customer activities including RFx responses, bid defenses, and proof of concepts.
The Mobility PLM will also be expected to translate market needs into tangible, executable product plans and ensure the product is delivered to meet those needs. They will also be responsible for both adhering to and enforcing the Agile methodology, prioritizing the product backlog and working with the delivery teams on sprint planning and commitments required to deliver the full product release.
Product Manager responsibilities will include defining the product strategy, product vision, release definition, planning, scheduling, delivery and sun setting of products within the Mobility portfolio. The Mobility PLM will consolidate input across all sources (market, customers, sales and business development) for new solutions and major functionality enhancements on existing solutions to address customer segment needs. They will also be responsible for planning and defining specific product features to ensure the delivery of reliable solutions and developing acceptance criteria to validate that the resulting product meets the requirements.
- Understand customer/market business requirements and translate them into executable product use cases and requirements
- Plan and maintain the strategic product roadmap, align organization stakeholders including sales to the roadmap, and communicate the roadmap internally and externally
- Define product strategy including alignment of company initiatives and prioritizing viable markets
- Provide subject matter expertise on Mobility, EPC, and 5G Core
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business cases that outline market window, financial opportunity, high level design, and rough order of magnitude.
- Own prioritization of the product backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria, managing to the near-term tactical product roadmap
- Work with assigned engineering scrum teams to plan workflow, and define user stories and acceptable criteria
- Demonstrate an unwavering sense of accountability for the development and delivery of the Mobility products
- Assist technical writers and publishers on internal documentation of product operations, features, and enhancements.
- Deliver a finished product (including adequate testing and appropriate functional and performance capabilities)
Required Experience and Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in the telecommunications/networking industry, working with Tier 1 carriers, specifically in the Mobility and EPC domain
- Understanding of the end-to-end EPC network architectures, packet core nodes, interfaces, and dependencies
- Familiarity with 3GPP specifications, including new 5G standards as well as 2G/3G/LTE wireless technologies
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of OSS/BSS protocols and interface
- 5+ years of Product Management, Product Owner, or Solution Architect experience.
- Strong commercial acumen in financial analysis, strategic planning, product and project management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the company to external audiences
- Travel: must be able to travel (US and other countries), maintain a current passport, and have a driver’s license
- English: fluent in written and professional oral communication (internally and with customers)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar. Master’s degree, MBA or Technical desired.