Published by: Jessica Dear
To celebrate Mental Health awareness week this May (10th-16th May) we devised an event for our staff. Reasearch shows that outdoor exercise has been one of the most popular coping strategies for the pandemic, and so we asked our staff to set themselves an outdoor sporting challenge. We also pledged to make a donation to the Mind mental health charity for each completed challenge.
Our staff came up with brilliant ideas, some of which are detailed below:
- Russell Shepherd paddle boarded across Chelmsford
- Ceci Zhang walked 6km each weekend with her son and husband
- Darren Lewis swam 10km
- Katherine Walker walked 80k throughout the month
- Ismail Ope did a 20km bike ride each weekend
- Simon Dear ran 70km all in one go across the Essex countryside
- Andrew Smith and James Bundock completed the event by cycling 20KM across the desert!
And these are only a few of the brilliant challenges completed. Once all completed, Tangent donted £750 on behalf of staff members to Mind.
To find out more information about Mind and the work they do, please visit their website.