Published by: Jessica Dear
This week is Mental Health Awareness week. This year the theme chosen by the Mental Health Foundation is kindness - which is extremely relevant during times like these, where a sense of community and support is important. Showing kindness benefits the mental health of those around you, as well as your own.
Here are a few acts of kindness you may wish to try, (or be on the receiving end of!)
- Lend your ear - call a colleague and ask how they're finding the change in routine
- Give praise to your colleague for something they've done well
- Arrange to have a video lunch with a colleague
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling
- Offer support to vulnerable neighbours
- Send an interesting article to a friend
- Offer to send someone a takeaway or a meal.
We can help to end the stigma around mental health by speaking about it more openly and creating a space in which people feel comfortable sharing their feelings and asking for help. If you are struggling, please reach out to someone and remember you are not alone.
For more information - https://lnkd.in/gT_YEMW